[GB] Potters Bar Garage Open Day - 08/06/2013

Overseas related photos, videos, sound clips etc.

Moderator: Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
dude

[GB] Potters Bar Garage Open Day - 08/06/2013

Post by dude »

Last weekend I went for a look at what I believe is an annual event, and one of a few around London where Bus Garages (Depots) open to the public - yes just like we used to do in Aus!

It was worth the trip out with the usual classics running around, an AEC Merlin (my fav of the day) and a brand new Borismaster (LT16) with no Oyster Readers and protective plastic covering the stairwells. A number of special routes were being operated from the garage and LT16 was providing service at various times during the day. I took my first ride on one of these and my verdict is its a nice bus (for now until the chavs get to them) but don't get your hopes up for a nice melody - its a quieter version of an insipid hybrid droning on.

Heres some shots and clips from the visit.

ImageA line up of classics in residence inside the shed.

ImageMB641 at Cuffley Station on one of the special routes operated from the Garage.

ImageRTL139 at South Mimms, on another of the special runs.

ImageLT16 at Colney Fields Shopping Park (just north of the M25).

ImageAnother line up of visitors.

ImageRT 3238, RF 308 & RTL139

Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Re: [GB] Potters Bar Garage Open Day - 08/06/2013

Post by Mr OC Benz »

I saw a bunch of brand new Metroline NBFLs parked up presumably preparing for route 24 operations starting soon, would've like to of attended this event, but was busy getting things sorted for my departure on the Sunday. Cool shots.
gtc

Post by gtc »

Great photos. Thanks.

Have you seen Sydney's new Dobule Deckers? If so how do they compare to the Borismaster?
gtc
Drain Jockey
Favourite Vehicle: B12BLEA

Post by Drain Jockey »

Great Pics , use to choose between RF's RT's and N7's and L1's [with B.R.] to travel to School , the Tank Locos were the more exciting !
dude

Post by dude »

Thanks for the nice comments folks - sorry I've got no idea what's going on with Sydney's deckers I'm afraid so can't compare.
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

You can't really compare them anyway. The NBFL is a Hybrid 2 axle, the Bustech CDi is just a standard diesel engined bus and is 3 axle. But in terms of Hybrid, the Borismaster does quite well, it is well designed, rides alright, not so sure about the sounds it makes which is a bit like a misfiring lawn mower! But it's better than all the other hybrids except the B5LH which is also quite good.
adx666
Favourite Vehicle: Transperth Mercedes O305

Post by adx666 »

Wicked shots, London transport history is so deep and fascinating!
Sad sad days with seas and seas of silver sh!t :evil:

Return to “Overseas Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.”