[Germany] Munich

Overseas related photos, videos, sound clips etc.

Moderator: Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
kitkat271
Favourite Vehicle: Double decker buses

[Germany] Munich

Post by kitkat271 »

Munich is a great city too (or maybe it's just the beers). Unfortunately didn't get to visit during Oktoberfest. Maybe next time.

Here's an MAN bendy in the centre of tourist Munich, Marienplatz. The 5x routes are all high-frequency routes operated by bendies, and operate both into and out of the city and cross-city as well. Very neat.

One of the rigid MANs. The side of the bus promotes a fare system which we should have in Sydney too!

Munich has an extensive U-Bahn system. Good interchange facilities as shown here with both connecting trains arriving at the same time and you only have to walk across the platform. Two styles of U-bahn stock is shown here.

(Don't know why I didn't take pics of the trams ... Munich has a good tram system too)
jb17kx
Favourite Vehicle: Irisbus Agoraline

Post by jb17kx »

That rigid looks like a Solaris... Nice pics.
Selected artistic and gunzel photos from my collection - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb17kx
dude

Post by dude »

The U-Bahn set on the right in that shot intrigues me. Got any information on constructor/age etc?
kitkat271
Favourite Vehicle: Double decker buses

Post by kitkat271 »

dude wrote:The U-Bahn set on the right in that shot intrigues me. Got any information on constructor/age etc?
I remember it's just the standard U-Bahn stock, nothing special ... don't know the spec though.
newcastle_man_2

Post by newcastle_man_2 »

In your second picture that bus is a Solaris Urban, not a MAN. Also the older bus in the background has a livery not unlike the old UTA livery :lol:
Proud member of the NGTN since 2007 - quality scoops guaranteed!
jb17kx
Favourite Vehicle: Irisbus Agoraline

Post by jb17kx »

newcastle_man_2 wrote:In your second picture that bus is a Solaris Urban, not a MAN. Also the older bus in the background has a livery not unlike the old UTA livery :lol:
As I thought so...
Selected artistic and gunzel photos from my collection - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb17kx
VOLVO FAN
Favourite Vehicle: B10M,B10B,B12BLE

MAN BUSES

Post by VOLVO FAN »

Can anyone tell me the full name of those two buses at the top?? One of the MAN looks like Hong Kong NL263R, but I know it's not, because it's an ARTIC.
Friendly party bus-driver at Brookes,Extragreen and Jubo Tours
Cars and Single-Decker Bus Lover
Whitefriars College(Ventura/National Bus Co.)
newcastle_man_2

Post by newcastle_man_2 »

MAN Lions City G
Proud member of the NGTN since 2007 - quality scoops guaranteed!
Everything_but_a_Citaro

Re: MAN BUSES

Post by Everything_but_a_Citaro »

VOLVO FAN wrote:Can anyone tell me the full name of those two buses at the top?? One of the MAN looks like Hong Kong NL263R, but I know it's not, because it's an ARTIC.
First pic: MAN NG 313 (A23), laterly labelled as "Lion's City G"

Second pic: Solaris Urbino 12. Solaris is the polish bus builder that formerly was known as NEOPLAN POLSKA, the polish bus manufacturer that built own NEOPLAN buses in licence.
<smarTTrams>
Location: Capital of Australia's Western Third Avatar: Train Pictogram

Post by <smarTTrams> »

dude wrote:The U-Bahn set on the right in that shot intrigues me. Got any information on constructor/age etc?
The set on the right is the original type.

The Munich Underground was begun in time for limited lines to run to the Olympic Games.

<smarTTrams>

Return to “Overseas Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.”