Post by alex117 »

Twin filters
Twin filters
2585_1028046_IMG_8690.jpg (54.53 KiB) Viewed 4142 times
I was finally able to get 1035 1970
Twin filters
Twin filters
2585_1028046_IMG_8690.jpg (54.53 KiB) Viewed 4142 times
Atlantean Double Decker started. It required very many air bleeds. Using the manual fuel feed pump bled the twin fuel filters. Then the bleeders on top of the fuel injection pump and Governor as well as the bolt on top Right of the injection pump. This was done by a diesel mechanic while I wound the engine 6-8 times between bleeds. The 6 injector lines on top of the fuel injection pump were also disconnected. It was very difficult to get any fuel out of the injection pump. Finally after a few hours we got it running and seemed to run ok.

The next day it almost started with my foot to the floor but on letting up on the pedal it stalled and would not start again? I am told to look for an air leak.

As the filters sit lower than the fuel injection pump it was suggested that the fuel was some how draining out of the line from the inlet top of the injection pump to the outlet of the fuel filters. Would a one way vale in the filter end prevent this and assist in starting? Also what valve would fit the filter housing and existing line?
Attachments
scan0006 (002).jpg

Return to “General Transport Discussion”