Who Were The Bus & Coach Companies That built Their Own?

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
Denv12

Re: Who Were The Bus & Coach Companies That built Their Own?

Post by Denv12 »

Red and Cream wrote:Leslies of Junee produced this beauty. Ex MO 4059 which has the chassis of ex DGT m/o 1599 a Leyland TD5 double decker which had a Waddington body originally.
Thanks red and cream.Great photo.They were on to something with that body.If it had been refined it could have been popular.
Red and Cream

Post by Red and Cream »

Denv12 wrote:
Red and Cream wrote:Leslies of Junee produced this beauty. Ex MO 4059 which has the chassis of ex DGT m/o 1599 a Leyland TD5 double decker which had a Waddington body originally.
Thanks red and cream.Great photo.They were on to something with that body.If it had been refined it could have been popular.
You're not wrong there Denv12. Looking at todays bus bodies this is surely the forerunner of present designs. :D :wink:
paulgersche

Post by paulgersche »

Adelaide MTT built the bodies two Dennis buses in 1938 (fleet numbers 94 and 95), as well as the 5 Three axled Leyland Double Decked Trolleybuses (431 to 435) and the 25 Single Deck "Canton" Trolleybuses (471-496) during World War 2 (1942/1943).

I believe that their apprentices also produced the re-built AEC Regal IV (739) after its fire.

Paul
GM

Post by GM »

David is that a Chevrolet/Syd wood on the left?
Route No 762? GM
Red and Cream

Post by Red and Cream »

GM wrote:David is that a Chevrolet/Syd wood on the left?
Route No 762? GM
Yes GM, it is a Syd Wood Chev , one of a couple that Leslie's had in their reserve yard at Junee. The amazing thing about that 762 displayed is that it is actually ex m/o 762 from Merrylands Bus Service. I dont know the reason its ex m/o number was displayed in its route number box. Merrylands had 3 similar vintage Chevs registered as m/o 582, m/o 666 and m/o 762. I am not sure if the whole 3 were sold to Leslie but i am sure there was at least one other in the yard with 762 and although i did not photograph them i think it was 666.

Return to “General Transport Discussion”