Daewoo buses

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
baby38

Daewoo buses

Post by baby38 »

Good morning everyone, I drive a Daewoo bus, personally They are not my favourite bus, sure they got plenty of power easy to drive, however the suspension leaves a lot to be desire, they bounce , also if you hot rough piece of road they can at times want to go in another direction, even if you go on to the dirt side of the road they effect the steering, they give a very uncomfortable ride, the company I work for a many of these busses, and most of the drivers complain about the rise also dont feel safe driving them,
I have talked to other driver working for other companies here In Queensland, they try and avoid driving these busses, just interested if others here , have problems with these buses.
circleroute
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B12BLE-Artic

Re: Daewoo buses

Post by circleroute »

I hear you mate! I drove Daewoo buses for a private company in Perth a few years ago and everything you've said is just how it was for me. I also drove a Chinese made coach with a silly sounding name (escapes me atm ... but something like "goodluck coach builders" or near to that). Sure, it was a fantastic bus for passengers (being what was touted at the time as Western Australia's only "Business Class" coach). I drove it between Perth and a gold mine not far from Southern Cross on a 12hr shift doing crew swaps. It had only three seats abreast, the seats reclined further than in any aircraft or train and the passengers usually slept. It had self-serve refreshments and a spacious toilet area. It was powerful and got up to 120kph (the speed limiter must've been "attended to"). But with all the above positives, the drivers seat and cab area was abysmal - like it was built for much shorter people ... it just felt so cramped and uncomfortable .. much the same as the Daewoo but tighter. Good luck with getting better buses to work on mate. Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Return to “General Transport Discussion”