Page Title gone missing

News and comments about this board.
macpro622776

Page Title gone missing

Post by macpro622776 »

I noticed in the last day or two, the page title has gone missing. I don't know whether this is intentional or not, but it seems a bit strange.
ATDB Page Title.png
ATDB Page Title.png (6.95 KiB) Viewed 7915 times
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Page Title gone missing

Post by Fleet Lists »

It was certainly not intentional as such.

I had noticed it myself earlier today and have just found out the reason for it. It has to do with the banner replacement. The wording Bus Australia Discussion Board is now part of the banner while previously it was wording separate from the banner and was defined in one of board parameters which is now blank so as not to duplicate the wording in the banner.

Unfortunately that wording is also used in the page title which is used in the tab you have displayed above. At the moment I dont know if there is a way around it.
Living in the Shire.
R44
Favourite Vehicle: MO-8205

Post by R44 »

There is a way around this too - In the overall_header.html or whatever it is in phpBB3 - You need to remove the SITE_TITLE variable in the body section, as that uses the site title which is set in the config section of the ACP. As I said in my other post, to do it properly, it's hacky.
R44

Post by R44 »

EDIT: alternatively, you can manually type the site title inbetween the <title> tags.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The problem with that type of change is that they tend to be overridden when new versions are installed and then you need to remember to make the change again - this tends to become a bit of a nightmare. I would prefer to be able to do with standard options if possible.
Living in the Shire.
gld59

Post by gld59 »

:shock: I don't see what the problem is. I can now see useful info (eg individual forum name) in the tab. There's nothing to "fix", thank you very much!

gld

Edit: "problem" in my post is not referencing the same word in Fleet Lists' post directly above mine, but the overall subject of this thread.
Last edited by gld59 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That is why we are not terribly concerned.
Living in the Shire.
T1200
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310 CNG Volgren CR228L

Post by T1200 »

To keep us in line with web standards and yet still have the forum names etc visible (both of which are requested above), I have added a short "ATDB" title in both prosilver and subsilver2.
Reality continues to ruin my life.
R44

Post by R44 »

T1200 wrote:To keep us in line with web standards and yet still have the forum names etc visible (both of which are requested above), I have added a short "ATDB" title in both prosilver and subsilver2.
Cheers :)

Return to “News & Administration”