Bus Oz Photo Gallery

News and comments about this board.
Post Reply
User avatar
Simes
Posts: 9063
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:09 pm
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz
Location: Grove of Kings
Contact:

Bus Oz Photo Gallery

Post by Simes »

Not sure if anyone has noticed but the gallery does not seem to be working - I've been greeted with this for a few days
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /data/www/busaustralia.com/root/gallery/include/plugin_api.inc.php on line 487
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm

User avatar
busrider
Moderator
Posts: 2343
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:35 pm
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...
Location: Not in the Gutta

Re: Bus Oz Photo Gallery

Post by busrider »

Simes wrote:Not sure if anyone has noticed but the gallery does not seem to be working - I've been greeted with this for a few days
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /data/www/busaustralia.com/root/gallery/include/plugin_api.inc.php on line 487
Yes, I've had that for about a week, I posted about it in the 'What Happened This Morning' thread;
busrider wrote:Probably off topic, but when I try to look at the gallery, all I get is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /data/www/busaustralia.com/root/gallery/include/plugin_api.inc.php on line 487
And Fleet Lists responded;
Fleet Lists wrote:Hopefully it is a different problem - I get it as well - and again hopefully it is caused by someone trying to fix the gallery so that further photos can be stored in it - this has not been possible for quite some time now.
I hope it gets fixed soon.

User avatar
Simes
Posts: 9063
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:09 pm
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz
Location: Grove of Kings
Contact:

Re: Bus Oz Photo Gallery

Post by Simes »

This message came up just then
Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'busaustralia.com' (61)
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm

User avatar
Ken
Posts: 2603
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:03 pm
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200
Location: Ammo room
Contact:

Re: Bus Oz Photo Gallery

Post by Ken »

The gallery has been fixed so people can view the photos already in there.

(Still to be done is getting it to work for people to login and upload new pics).

User avatar
Simes
Posts: 9063
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:09 pm
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz
Location: Grove of Kings
Contact:

Re: Bus Oz Photo Gallery

Post by Simes »

It's down again :?
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm

User avatar
Vitalstatistix
Moderator
Posts: 5363
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 5:17 am
Favourite Vehicle: MAN NL262 with VoithDIWA 851.3
Location: New Zealand

Re: Bus Oz Photo Gallery

Post by Vitalstatistix »

That happened to me yesterday as well :?
im zug zum flug

The road to success is always under construction.
Check out my Instagram @scottsiakia90

User avatar
Ken
Posts: 2603
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:03 pm
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200
Location: Ammo room
Contact:

Re: Bus Oz Photo Gallery

Post by Ken »

The gallery is now working again.

The software has been upgraded to the current version. The only difference (which shouldn't be a concern to users) is that the gallery no longer has the ability to link with this forum's login/password facility for user verification which means anyone who was a gallery user and uploaded photos will now need a separate login for the gallery. Those affected please contact me privately to arrange this if needed.

User avatar
Fleet Lists
Administrator
Posts: 21544
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:49 am
Location: The Shire

Re: Bus Oz Photo Gallery

Post by Fleet Lists »

Ken,
Firstly it is good to see the Gallery working again.

But I think we need to go a bit further.

In setting the limit to 10 photos per thread, one of the comments was that the Discussion board did not have an associated Photo Gallery which of course was not the case, except that it was not working.

But now that it is working again, I believe we should encourage people who want to post more photos to use the Gallery. So should we allow anyone who has been approved as a galley user to post photos? And how should people who want to post photos, apply for authority to do so. I believe that information should be in the gallery logon page.

I feel that should solve one of the problems we have with photos on the Discussion Board.

And perhaps the message at the top of the photo list "Forum rules. No more than 10 photos per thread. Maximum photo width 820 pixels. Thank you" can be amended to advise that for more photos the gallery should be used.
Living in the Shire.

User avatar
busrider
Moderator
Posts: 2343
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:35 pm
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...
Location: Not in the Gutta

Re: Bus Oz Photo Gallery

Post by busrider »

Fleet Lists wrote:Ken,
Firstly it is good to see the Gallery working again.

But I think we need to go a bit further.

In setting the limit to 10 photos per thread, one of the comments was that the Discussion board did not have an associated Photo Gallery which of course was not the case, except that it was not working.

But now that it is working again, I believe we should encourage people who want to post more photos to use the Gallery. So should we allow anyone who has been approved as a galley user to post photos? And how should people who want to post photos, apply for authority to do so. I believe that information should be in the gallery logon page.

I feel that should solve one of the problems we have with photos on the Discussion Board.

And perhaps the message at the top of the photo list "Forum rules. No more than 10 photos per thread. Maximum photo width 820 pixels. Thank you" can be amended to advise that for more photos the gallery should be used.
Good idea, Fleet Lists, the gallery could do with updating (most recent pic ATM is from Sep. 07) and maybe any people who lots of pictures with one theme could post the best pics in the photos section and the rest could go to the gallery.

User avatar
Simes
Posts: 9063
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:09 pm
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz
Location: Grove of Kings
Contact:

Re: Bus Oz Photo Gallery

Post by Simes »

The login now kinda works, since before if you were to click login, it'd go nowhere. However now there's at least a login screen, although I don't know if the profile data has gone across to the gallery or not?
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm

User avatar
Fleet Lists
Administrator
Posts: 21544
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:49 am
Location: The Shire

Re: Bus Oz Photo Gallery

Post by Fleet Lists »

Simes wrote:The login now kinda works, since before if you were to click login, it'd go nowhere. However now there's at least a login screen, although I don't know if the profile data has gone across to the gallery or not?
The way I read Ken's message above - no it has NOT gone across and you need to contact Ken by PM if you want to be given update access to the gallery.
Living in the Shire.

Post Reply

Return to “News & Administration”