New Format Fleet LIsts

News and comments about this board.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: New Format Fleet LIsts

Post by Fleet Lists »

Today:-
Some links in the South Australian index page corrected.

Conversions: New South Wales - Telford Tours, Bankstown Coaches , Australian Luxury Coach Travel.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Now that the Search facility has been upgraded to the new databases, I have today started a clean up of our server where all the one off software for CDC, Buslines and Dysons together with their dayabases has been removed and saved in a new folder on my PC - just in case.

And I will start removing a lot of the other old lists shortly.

And the NSW Voyager Coaches fleet list has been converted although not be me.

That is it for today.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The Northern Territory fleet lists have been converted to the new database system today. So another step closer to completion. The operator notes still have to be done for all operators concerned.

And our NSW webmaster has converted three NSW lists by reinputting the lot - thanks for that:-
Bruce, Lismore,
Goodes, Tumut.
Beachwheels Coaches.
Living in the Shire.
ferro
Favourite Vehicle: Alco, Volvo B59, MAN SL200,

Post by ferro »

get nothing for SA current bus fleet search for torrens brings up blank
Backup generators only start after bkup battery banks have been exhausted
ICL Mainframes had sexier blinking lights than the IBM big iron
The BIG RED push button really does power down the whole floor
SAFleets

Post by SAFleets »

ferro wrote:get nothing for SA current bus fleet search for torrens brings up blank
It may have something to do with some corrupt files in the SA database.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Yes and no.

This was a second lot of corruption which happened at 2.14pm yesterday and was not related to the previous one and has nothing to do with the new fleet lists.

The database has been restored as at 3rd May 2008.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Today.
Today the four lots of operator notes for the Northern Territory operators have been done.

Also a number of the old New South Wales lists have now been removed from the server and also from the old index pages:-
beachwheel.htm, connex.htm, connexs.htm, telfords.htm, goodes.htm, Voyager.htm, portstep.htm *, bankstowncoach.htm, premier.htm, jonesbros.htm, nsbc.htm, regs.htm *, revline.htm *, bombala.htm, culburra.htm, goodazgold.htm *, howards.htm, gerringong.htm, kennedy.htm, perretts.htm, stressless.htm, prior.htm, band.htm * and stuarts.htm.

The two connex pages had already been removed from the old index previously while the ones suffixed with an * had previously been removed from the server but were still in the index..

All pages removed yesterday have been backed up on my PC.

Also converted by reinput was Gerringong Buses NSW.

All operators in the Nowra District list have already been converted to their own list except for Sharp which has been converted today as an historic list. After this conversion the Nowra District list was also removed.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Today's happenings:-

New South Wales Index Page - Busways is now listed as an operator in each of the regions in which they operate with a link to their fleet summary, instead of being a link at the bottom of the index - No date of last last change is hown for Busways in any of the regions.
The first version uploaded earlier today had a bug in it and did some strange things to all index pages except New South Wales but that was soon fixed.

The ACT pages for current ACTION lists and the Transborder list have now been removed from the server.

I have just noticed that all the Yass operators are now present in the new format so the Yass page will probaly bite the dust tomorrow.

The extra fielsds in the operator notes which Iw as going to add to states other than NSW which I was going to do last week got forgotten about but it has now been done.

With the operator info now being a separate link as well as having many more fleet summaries and livery summaries as well as separate disposal lists for some operators, there are now a lot more links used within the fleet lists. Just as a matter of interest, so far we have added 617 new links while the number deleted (specifics not known) would be a lot less than that. Before we started we were well below 1000 links in the Google sitemap but now we are up 1262.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Today's changes.

Four Blayney operators (all in the list except Newman) have been converted to the new format.

Besides Yass, also reinput have been the current fleet list for Maianbar/Bundeena and the historic Cobar fleet list.

These together with the Yass list have now been removed from the old index page as well as the server.

Also now deleted from the server have been the five Tasmanian lists which were converted some time ago.

All deleted lists have been backed up on my PC. (I wont keep mentioning that).

A slight coding change to the script which does the main listing to ensure the parameters in the URL for a fleet search are always in the same sequence so that they will agree with what is in the Google sitemap. Should not effect users.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Today the Cavanagh, Kempsey fleet list database was converted to the new database system.

Our NSW webmaster continues to add extra fleets including one for Maheham, nagus which was previously included in the Gundagai district list.

Deleted form the server today were the four Northern Territory lists whuich were converted over the weekend.

Last night while trying to resolve a SA database problem it was noticed that the latest version of the reistration search facility did not include the SA private database. This was fixed on the spot to assist in the problem resolution.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

A number of the old South Australian lists (the Metropolitan ones) have now been deleted from the server.
ABM Coaches, Adelaide
Adelaide Coachlines
Banksia Tours, Adelaide
Betta Tours, Adelaide
Buses-'R'-Us
Carbridge, Adelaide
Explorer Coachlines, Adelaide
Farnham Roadlines, Adelaide
Flagstaff Coaches, Adelaide
Grant's Coaches, Adelaide
Harris Coaches, Adelaide
Premier Roadlines & Stateliner, Adelaide
Raywood Tours, Adelaide
Skylink, Adelaide
Trampline Party Buses

New South Wales.
I have converted the Newman Blayney and Bathurst lists which were created eralier this year but never made it into the old index page.

Also converted to the new format is the Oliveri Metrolink list.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Deleted from the server today were the old lists for
SA Country
* Barossa Valley Coaches
* Bute Buses
* Des's Transport, Whyalla
* Dunn's Kadina
* Goolwa Bus and Coach
* Highway Hiker, Murray Bridge
* Magors, Mount Barker
* McCormicks Bus Service, Mount Gambier
* Murray Bridge Passenger Service
* Port Augusta Bus Service
* Renmark Operators
* Sealink, Kangaroo Island
* Spencer Gulf Coaches - Port Pirie Bus Services
* Stone, Keith
* Willunga Charter
* Yorke Peninsula Road Lines, Wallaroo
Non-current Historical Fleet Lists:
* Coachlines of Australia, Adelaide

Converted today - the remainder of the lists in the Bathurt NSW district list which was created earlier this year but never made it to the fleet lists index page. The Jones Bros route information for Bathurst which was in this list was added to the existing operator information - the Lithgow information was not added as Lithgow was not part of this conversion.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Today the last two of the lists which were created earlier this year but never made it to the index page were converted to the new database ie Commodore Coaches and Northern Beaches Buses.

These together with the Blayney, Bathurst District, and the old Cavanagh and Metrolink lists have now been removed from the server. The last two of those have also been removed from the page index.

Also converted has been the Hawkesbury Valley Buses fleet list but the old list has not yet been removed.

Script code - I am working on a change to allow any list to be selected so that its pages will not be cached by search engines such as Google. Part of that change was implemented today but it is not quite ready yet for use.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Today the conversion of the National lists has commenced with the Greyhound list now available in the new format.

The National lists have been added to the Individual bus search facility.

And the link to this facility will now appear in the heading of all lists - not just the South Australian ones as was previously the case.

And the clean up of the server continues with old software for Brisbane Transport disposals deleted today. The info below is just documented for my my own historical purposes:-
"Volvo B59","btx-volvob59.php","btx-volvob59.htm"
"Leyland Leopards","bccleopards.htm"
"Leyland Nationals","bccnats.htm","","13360"
"Leyland Panthers/Athol Hedges","btx-leylandpanther.php","btx-leylandpanther1.htm"
"Leyland Panthers/Denning","btx-leylandpanther.php","btx-leylandpanther2.htm"
"Leyland Panthers - Original BCC information","bccnewpanthers.htm"
"MAN 10.180 Austral/Denning","btx-man10180.php","btx-man10180.htm"
"MAN 10.155 HOCL-MIDI-ANSAIR","btx-man10155.php","btx-man10155.htm"
"MAN SL200/SL202","bccmansl200.htm"
"Mercedes LO812/814","brisvarios.htm"
btx-pageheader.htm
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

What has happened today.

Converted have been National lists Downunder Tours and Rotel Tours.

Deleted from the server have been the following old Queensland lists:-
Bribie Island Coaches
Brisbane Bus Lines
Caboolture Bus Lines
Cavbus, Logan Village & Beaudesert
Coast & Country Coaches, Caboolture
Concorde Coach Charters
Cross Country Tours, Sandgate
Hornibrook Bus Lines
Kangaroo Bus Lines
Logan City Bus Service
Mount Gravatt Bus Service
Park Ridge Transit
Red & White Bus Service
Sisils Bus Lines
Southern Cross Transit
Sunstate Coaches, Brisbane
Thompsons Bus Service
Veolia Transport, Brisbane (connexbris.htm)
Westside Bus Co

And the facility referred to on Saturday about requesting no indexing of certain lists by search engines is now in place. Three New South Wales operators have had the swithch set on for this as well as our old friend Busways.
The coding has caused some duplication which I want to remove in a later version.

An Brisbane Buses has again reformatted his website causing some links to his Brisbane fleet lists requiring some changes which I am in the process of making.

And separate from me the Forster Bus Service fleet list has also been converted.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Today's conversion is a rather unuusal one in that it is one of the larger NSW historic lists - Bathurst Coaches. Back to National lists tomorrow.

Deletions from server - more Queensland.
Gold Coast Operators:
Aries Tours, Gold Coast
Koala Koaches
Home Page Surfside Bus Lines
Fleet Summary Surfside Bus Lines
Surfside Bus Lines - Detailed Fleet List
Sunshine Coast Operators:
Buslink, Sunshine Coast
Cavglass t/a Glasshouse Country Coaches
Network Coaches, North Arm
West's National Charter Coaches Nambour

And the menu at the top at the lists has been changed slightly so that all links can now again show in the one line by just showing "Search" instead of "Individual Bus Information".

And separate from me the Kingsgrove Bus and Coach list is also being converted.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Converted today was the Murrays Coaches fleet list.

And a lot of old Queensland Country lists were removed from the server:-
• Bowen Transit
• Bundaberg District Fleet Lists
• Buslink, Gladstone
• Calliope Coaches
• Christensens, Kilcoy
• Crisp, Stanthorp
• Emerald Coaches
• Fassifern Coaches
• French's Coaches, Dalby
• Gatton Bus Service
• Gin Gin Major Operators
• Hendo's Bus Service, Ayr
• Hermit Park Bus Service, Townsville
• Laidley Bus Service
• Mackay Transit Coaches
• Magnetic Island Bus Service
• Maryborough District Fleet Lists
• Minden Bus Service
• Polley's Coaches, Gympie
• Quicksilver Connections, Port Douglas
• Reef "N" Hinterland Tours, Cairns
• Rockhampton District Fleet Lists
• Rod North & Sons - Bajool
• School Linx, Oakey
• Sunbus, Queensland
• Tory's Tours, Hervey Bay
• Trans North, Qld
• Tropic Wings Coach Tours, Cairns
• Warwick District Operators
• Whitsunday Transit
• Wide Bay Transit, Maryborough and Hervey Bay
• Yeppoon District Fleet Lists
• Youngs Bus Service, Rockhampton
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The last proposed National list was converted today ie AAT Kings.

That was rather an interesting excercise - the disposal information which was clustered at the bottom of the list was added to individual coaches - the duplication of Toyota Coaster 85A was deleted, the grouped Northern Territory vehicles are now in the general list but because of their lack of fleet numbers they are al at the bottom of the list.

But there is still one problem with the seuqnecing of the fleet numbers as those with the A suffix are sorted by the software below those without the suffix. I think we will have to live with that at least for the moment.

Even though we have not had the Brisbane Transport fleet lists included on our server for some time now, the software support was still there but has now been removed:-
menu-bt2.php
btchassis.php
btconvert.php (this was a one time program used a couple of years ago to convert database to a text file
btdata.php
btdatab.php
btdatab.txt
btfleetsum.htm
btfleetsum.php
btheader.htm
btheader.html (no idea why that was there)
btupdate.php (the initial update script which was superseded long ago by the common update script.)
And not found on the server but on my own PC was btdepotsum.php which I have also removed.

And Google still had 37 BT lists cached for search purposes - they have been requested to remove those.

Script wise the duplication of code mentioned a couple of days ago relating to the addition of the facility not to have lists included in search engines, has been removed and at the same a bug fixed where some pages were excluded from Google when they should not have been.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Today moved the National lists which have not been converted to the new index so that it should no longer be necessary to access the old National Index.

Removed from the server have been the scripts which converted the CDC and Buslines databases as well as the Bathurst Coaches, Hawkesbury Valley Buses and Moores Tours lists - the last of these had not previously been reported as converted.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Today the UTA/STA disposal links have been moved from the old NSW index to the new STA index page.

Old index pages - only the New South and Vicrtorai pages can be accessed - attempting to access the other old index pages will now result in a no page found condition.

The converted National lists are still on the server but can not be accessed from any index pages. Here are the page names in case anyone still wants them. I dont want to create full links as I dont want search engines to follow them.
aatkings.htm
cafferty.htm (for Greyhound)
murrays.htm
downunder.htm
roteltours.htm
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Converted today by me was the fleet lists for Punchbowl Bus Co.

And converted else where were Kean's Travel and Holiday Bus, Dee Why. Also the conversion of Kingsgrove Bus & Coach was completed.

From now on I wont be reporting on deletions from the server, except when I delete the national lists. All other converted lists will be from now be deleted from the server within 24 hours of their conversion being reported.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Today's episode.
Converted today was Crowthers Buslink fleet list.

And converted elsewghere was Holiday Kings Travel.

And all the ACTION information I was sent a couple of weeeks ago has now been entered into the database.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

A very mundane day today as I am slowing down before going on holidays next week - last changes tomorrow until Monday week.

Added were Brisbane disposal lists for the Sunbeam MF28's.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Today the conversion of Forster Bus Service was completed.

Link KIng Coaches is still in process of being converted.

And that is it until I get back from Queensland.

It is then planned to get seriously into the New South Wales conversions with the next five lined up being
CAR|Caringbah Bus Service,
BUB|Busbaout,
INT|Interline Bus Service
FCL|Forest Coach Lines
SHO|Shorelink

As a list is converted I will add another one to the list so that people know which lists should not be touched from that point until after they after converted. The above five can be updated until Saturday 7th June.

If anyone wants a list to be given some priority, please let me know and it will be included higher up the priority list.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I am back and nothing exciting to report today.

Link King Coachlines, the conversion of which was completed while I was away, is being deleted from the old lists today.

Tomorrow will be the same thing for Green's Northern Coaches and on Wednesday the historic Moreton Bay historic list which has been sent to me in converted format will be included.

I am working on a few more enhancements to the new fleet lists but it will take a little while before they are added to the live fleet lists scripts.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “News & Administration”