New pm

News and comments about this board.
B7RLE
Favourite Vehicle: VOLVO B7RLE

New pm

Post by B7RLE »

Why do i keep getting emails saying i have a pm then going to my inbox and it saying i have nothing
Proud Owner of a Volvo B10M mk 2 Volgren and a Scania L113CRB Volgren

venturatiger

Post by venturatiger »

to annoy you

Nexas

Re: New pm

Post by Nexas »

B7RLE wrote:Why do i keep getting emails saying i have a pm then going to my inbox and it saying i have nothing
How many accounts do you have signed up to the one email address?
Views expressed by me are strictly my own, not of my friends, employer, or anyone else.

B7RLE
Favourite Vehicle: VOLVO B7RLE

Post by B7RLE »

Just one B7RLE
Proud Owner of a Volvo B10M mk 2 Volgren and a Scania L113CRB Volgren

MAN 3668

Post by MAN 3668 »

I think it was discussed before somewhere along the lines...if someone sends you a PM, you're sent the notification email as soon as it happens; but if the person who sent it do you deletes the PM before you read it, there won't be anything in your inbox.

Or...is your inbox full? If it's full, maybe you're receiving them, but aren't able to read them because there isn't enough free space?

tiger_man

Post by tiger_man »

MAN 3668 wrote:I think it was discussed before somewhere along the lines...if someone sends you a PM, you're sent the notification email as soon as it happens; but if the person who sent it do you deletes the PM before you read it, there won't be anything in your inbox.
That just about sums it up...And if I'm not mistaken the same thing happens with the phpbb3 BETAs which are currently being tested. Perhaps one for me to check :P

Ken
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by Ken »

Just go into your Profile and change the option "Notify on new Private Message" to No, and change "Pop up window on new Private Message" to Yes. That way you won't get sent the emails and when you open up the board it will activate a popup telling you that you have a new PM.

mjja

Post by mjja »

Go to your Inbox and press F5. It's possible that you have a cached copy of an empty inbox.
Happy Gunzelling and remember, "Go By Rail!"

Michael Angelico

Return to “News & Administration”