The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
- No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
- Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
- For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
- Thank you
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 325
- Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:27 pm
- Favourite Vehicle: Plaxton bodied Dennis Darts
- Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
In Dublin, the concept of hiring a white bus for your wedding took off and became very popular in the late 80's... at their height, 12 were available via 5 depots.... and required a booking of at least 9 months in advance. Today there's 3 white buses left and the wedding bus concept is being phased out unfortunately due to pressure from private companies wanting a slice of the action, its not the same as none are dedicated like Dublin Bus could.... anyway, I've commissioned Britbus to produce a model of the wedding bus as delivered in 1990 to my depot. go to British Model Buses for up to date info on the process and progress.... its expected to be ready by April. On this taught, is there anyone in Oz willing to do what I am doing and commission Britbus with an Oz model????? The AEC Merlin/Swift springs to mind....
- wedd rh39.jpg (31.16 KiB) Viewed 9675 times