How do you guys make desto signs for models?

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
jonwil

How do you guys make desto signs for models?

Post by jonwil »

How do you guys make the desto signs for e.g. models and paper buses?
I am currently using a font called "Mobitec (13x9)" along with a graphics program called Inkscape for making the custom sign stickers for my LEGO buses but its not perfect and I would like to find a better solution.
Is there a tool out there that can generate them? (one that is either free or low cost)
Is there a better font out there that I can use to match more closely to what the Translink operators use on their signage?
Sydney_Buses_CB60
Favourite Vehicle: STA Volvo B12BLE CB60 #1504(F)

Re: How do you guys make desto signs for models?

Post by Sydney_Buses_CB60 »

I'm not entirely sure that you can do this, but there's a program called Mobitec ZEdit and Mobi Info Edit (MIE) which you can do that stuff with, but try printing out your destos, and you should be able to find the right link in the New Users and Questions section I think its called of the this Forum's Index Page and you should find a Topic called "Help with MIE" or something like that, and try the links, but it will take a while to find the right download link. Try the second last page though, and it should be one of them. Hope this helped!
The One & Only

Return to “Transport Models”