Transit Graphics Mk 3 Merc

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Ray

Transit Graphics Mk 3 Merc

Post by Ray »

Sure the folks at Transit Graphics won't mind me sharing their pics of their latest product on Facebook! (How to assess quality? If you can hear the hubs, they've done their job)
Attachments
thre.jpg
thre.jpg (30.37 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
two.jpg
two.jpg (35.74 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
one.jpg
one.jpg (31.86 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
Go Cats.
Doc68
Favourite Vehicle: Technics sl1200

Re: Transit Graphics Mk 3 Merc

Post by Doc68 »

Awesome model & I'm not a "rivet counter" but wrong mirrors for that era paint job, apart from that outstanding model
'GM 2strokes, still the most efficient engine ever developed for converting fuel into noise'.
Food has replaced sex in my life now I can't even get into my own pants
tbc1983

Post by tbc1983 »

The roof curvature doesn't look too right; they've used a simple curve when it should be a compound curve...but, I'm open to correction.

Cheers!
Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

The curve looks okay to me - see http://www.flickr.com/photos/29029178@N03/3117372213/

Although it should have strengthening ribs in it at the edges of the roof - they weren't smooth in real life.

Job done.
tbc1983

Post by tbc1983 »

Andrew, on the model, the height of the header is the same on the outside edges (the haunches, if you will) as it is in the middle. In your photo, the height decreases, therefore they (the designers of the model) used a simple curve for the roof outline, instead of a compound curve which it should've been.

This is what I mean:

Cheers!
Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Yes there is definitely an issue with the roof curvature - that was my first impression when I saw the photo. It's doesn't look too bad from the side, but the front shot is almost Mk 4-like. At first I wondered whether it was the camera angle, but I don't think so for the reasons discussed above.

It's such a shame - these are beautiful models and full credit to TG for producing them, but the roof curve is really what the Mk 2s and 3s were all about. The other issue - which all of the models have - is that the route numbers on the back don't fill the entire box, which they would have in the originals.

Not sure if I should drop them a note to discuss this - not to have a whinge, but just for constructive purposes as the Mk 1s and 2s are due in the coming months and the feedback might be useful. I'm planning on buying a few, of course!
Go Cats.
Ben_Daui
Favourite Vehicle: 14.5 Scania

Post by Ben_Daui »

I noticed some difference between the transit graphics MKIII ARTIC and the topgear MKIII:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (47.94 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Headlight surrounds look abit mark fiveish instead of more rounded corners.
Roof curve, as mentioned before, looks too squared off from the front.
STA corp white instead of ivory off white.
Roofline of front and rear extremities doesn't line up with the rest of the side. Looks wrong. Surely the real bus in UTA livery wasn't like that.
Rear hubs are the later type and therefore wrong on this bus. To me, they are a defining feature of these buses.
Unacceptable amount of inaccuracies for the price they want.
Don't they appreciate the market's craving for attention to detail?
Their models are excellent in what they get right but this one is a let down for all the things they have overlooked. Back to the drawing board TG.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “Transport Models”