Hino engine swaps

Buy, Swap and Sell goods here.
Hinorc420

Hino engine swaps

Post by Hinorc420 »

Hi

I have a 1976 Hino RC420 with the Alison 4speed Auto and DK20KR 6 cyl NA engine in it. A few dramas getting the cooling system sorted then the starter motor died after punching the nose cone out into the bell housing but luckily it didn't start. Managed to source a new starter motor which is still to be fitted. I am a little concerned about the longer term viability of the engine and whilst it seems to be a strong motor but corrosion might be it's Achilles heal given the amount of crap that came out of the system. As it was an expensive custom built motorhome body it is far to good to scrap so I would appreciate it if anyone has some ideas with regard to retaining the Alison and repowering with another engine within the Hino family or something completely different. I have a diesel fitter/fabricator with 40 years experience so we could take care of a lot of things without having to move the bus. I am happy to pay a few bucks for someone's time if there are some good leads out there. Obviously there is virtually nothing electronic on the bus which uses a lever mounted in the cab for shut down and we are going to move the starter switch up front etc.
Thanks
Shane

Return to “Buy / Swap / Sell”