Leyland Atlantean 680 engine parts needed

Buy, Swap and Sell goods here.
bus2681

Leyland Atlantean 680 engine parts needed

Post by bus2681 »

Does anyone have the following parts for a 1971 Sydney Atlantean with a 680 engine
we need a radiator and fan unit as well as an exhaust manifold. Also needed are a
pair of bonnet hinges for the rear bootlid and the centre stay. In addition 4 sliding
glass lower windows for an Atlantean and two upper window glasses. Tks
bus2681

Re: Leyland Atlantean 680 engine parts needed

Post by bus2681 »

We have now posted an advert on Gumtree including a possible reward if successful lead & acquisition of either a complete Atlantean bus
or parts vehicle. Unfortunately one of our group saw an Atlantean in Muswellbrook too late and another museum group has acquired it.
Thanks to those who have responded so far but as yet no successful parts or parts bus have been acquired. We have a crew who is on standby
to travel in NSW to retrieve and recently we did this with a Leopard which has given us many parts some of which are now on Atlantean 1136.

Link to our advertisement as follows

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/dee-why/ ... 1049610203
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

bus2681 wrote:Does anyone have the following parts for a 1971 Sydney Atlantean with a 680 engine
we need a radiator and fan unit as well as an exhaust manifold. Also needed are a
pair of bonnet hinges for the rear bootlid and the centre stay. In addition 4 sliding
glass lower windows for an Atlantean and two upper window glasses. Tks
Try Horizon West Bus Company in Welshpool they had a large fleet of DD
Guy Arab
bus2681

Post by bus2681 »

Thanks for that will do
busntruck

Post by busntruck »

Try Darrell at Fantastic Aussie Tours at Katoomba, he might still have some Atlantean parts?
Langleys
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Post by Langleys »

Darrell is who i was going to suggest, although i doubt he has much left. Stan beiga is great for sourcing those odd parts for the old girls, google bus sales online. We have a few parts for those old girls but dont want to let them go just yet as we are still running 1 in service.
CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Post by CCCC »

Toronto bus service had a lot of parts left over and stored the left overs including full motors after the last DD went in one of the old workshop pits before capping the top with steel plate.
They found it easier to place them in the pit instead of taking to the dump or scrapping them.
That was a while ago now.
bus2681

Post by bus2681 »

Thanks to all for the replies and some interesting leads hopefully one might lead to the missing spares we need. If anyone can
think of any other sources or have sighted a derelict Atlantean please let us know.
Brisbane Atlantean

Post by Brisbane Atlantean »

IMG_0685.jpeg
IMG_0685.jpeg (27.56 KiB) Viewed 9667 times
Hi Bus2681,
I know this trail is a little old now but I have purchased a 1969 Leyland Atlantean and am looking for a gasket kit for the Gear Change Control Valve. I
understand that the kits have the part number ABU 4215 however I have not
been able to find anywhere that still has these in stock.

The actual part that I am after is the Inlet and exhaust valve discs (x 2
although five would be ideal) . I attach a copy of the valve for ease of reference.

In the alternative, I would be interested in acquiring an entire Gear Change Control pedestal that I might substitute for the one I have or at least try to use it for parts.
I attach a photograph of the type I am after. It is a 5 speed - 4 forward and 1 reverse.
I was wondering how you went with your search for parts and if you could suggest where I might find the parts I am looking for as unfortunately Mr Motorparts does not have them in stock.
Regards

Gerard
Attachments
IMG_0546.jpeg
IMG_0546.jpeg (31.59 KiB) Viewed 9667 times
IMG_0257.jpeg
IMG_0257.jpeg (11.74 KiB) Viewed 9667 times
IMG_0539.jpeg
IMG_0539.jpeg (24.63 KiB) Viewed 9667 times
Cheers
Brisbane Atlantean

Return to “Buy / Swap / Sell”