[BNE] Fassifern Coaches BCI

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

[BNE] Fassifern Coaches BCI

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

This rather nice looking bright yellow BCI belonging to Fassifern Coaches made a visit to Brisbane City & is seen here crossing the Victoria Bridge from the City to Southbank.
This was a quick shot as I was taking photos of another bus when this turned up.

I know I have made comments about imported buses / coaches being sold in Australia but after seeing one I have to say that on the outside they seem to be decent looking buses / coaches.

The yellow livery and the stylised "S" in the name look rather smart in this case.

(C) P. Jones. November 2007.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

Not a fan of that livery. It's just as bad as having an entirely white livery, no design, just cheap and quick to do.
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

A simple plain livery would also make it easier and in the current economic climate, cheaper to re-do in case of body repairs.
Usually with the painting, the more colours the dearer it gets to redo.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
The fat controller

Re: [BNE] Fassifern Coaches BCI

Post by The fat controller »

The Fassifern BCI is the original of this version of 12.5m coaches. It is 2 inches narrower in width than the other 12.5m BCI's. (The same as the 8.5m(A bit of trivia there for you))
exbusdriver
Favourite Vehicle: PMC RG197 M/o 7553

Re:

Post by exbusdriver »

CB60 wrote:Not a fan of that livery. It's just as bad as having an entirely white livery, no design, just cheap and quick to do.
When you pride yourself on appearance and a driver scratches it (which does happen to the best) Its far easier to get one colour repainted then two or more. The bus is there to make money not look like a show pony. It always nice to see pretty paint jobs but a nightmare when damaged.
ex Sonters Travelways ex Sugar Valley Coachlines ex Toronto Bus Service ex premier motor service current cavanaghs
bci_fan

Re: [BNE] Fassifern Coaches BCI

Post by bci_fan »

I have been on Fassifern Coaches' BCI Cruiser 9 before. The interior is even better looking than the exterior. The coach is fitted with, I believe, two flatscreen monitors and a sound system. Fassifern Coaches' also has three more yellow BCI Classmaster 57's and a shorter version of the BCI Cruiser 9. Unfortunately, the coach has been demoted for use as a college bus and has the college's livery, which is a shame as I enjoyed being on this particular coach for charters.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”