Rules relating to photos and how to attach photos.

Moderator: ATDB Admin Team

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Rules relating to photos and how to attach photos.

Post by Fleet Lists »

Further changes have been made during August 2012

Some rules regarding photos.

Photos to be no larger than 1000 pixels WIDE.
In the case of attachments any photos which exceed 1000 pixels in width or height will not be displayed within the post but a link to the photo concerned will be included in the page.
In the case of non attachments there are the following options for oversized photos:-
If all photos in a post are oversized, the post will be deleted.
If some photos are oversized, such oversized photos will be deleted from the post concerned.
An administrator/moderator may at his/her discretion remove the [img]and[/img] tags from around a photo so that it will be displayed as a link instead of inline where it is not larger than about 1500 pixels in width.
Maximum file size is 300KB - set as a parameter which can not be overridden.

• Enforced limit of only 10 photos or no larger than 300kb for each photo with a maximum of 50 photos in any one page in a thread. Any additional photos must be only shown through a hyperlink.
• Appropriate captions are required with all photos.
• Members are asked to limit how many photo’s they post to a reasonable quantity. Administrators reserve the right to limit the amount of photo’s a member posts if needed, to encourage and ensure a broad range of photo’s are posted.
• Photo's should be of some relevance to the topic
• Decent Quality photos only, i.e. no out of focus photos should be posted.

Where there are excess photos or they are of particularly poor quality, the excess photos or poor quality photos will be removed.

To have a greater variety of photos available for the daily Bus Australia Home Page Photo, members are encouraged to load suitable photos into the Bus Australia Photo Gallery. Any photo in the Gallery may be used as the Bus Australia Home Page photo, which is selected on a random basis from the photo gallery. Some photos may be suppressed from being used for that purpose.
Last edited by Fleet Lists on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Reason: Changes to photo rules
Living in the Shire.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

Further to the poor quality point - we are not referring specifically to subject/composure (although of course it is important!), moreso the recent trend of low resolution, out of focus camera phone type images that have been making their way on here.

Photos that do not clearly show the subject, due to poor lighting, composure, or camera capabilities (ie. low megapixel cameras from mobile phones) or other low quality photos should not be posted in the photo section.
Job done.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Photo Attachments.

Post by Fleet Lists »

It is now possible to post photos on this board without having to store the photo on a server somewhere else.

This can be done by using one or more attachments to any post.

Vertical and/or horizontal scrolling is present if the attachment is greater than the recommended picture size. Left clicking on the photo will bring it up to full size. It has been reported that this does not work in Firefox.

However in Subsilver 2 it apears that the full photo comes up automatically.

Using attachments is very simple - you dont have to worry about the html script as one had to do in the past.
Just go to Upload attachment and scroll to find the photo you want, include the photo and then insert it inline.
If attaching multiple photos you can have comments and then add a photo inline after each comment.

To optimize the display of the photo in the post, click on "Place Inline" for each photo before submitting the post.

The usual attachment indicator (like a paper clip) in the post list shows that a thread has attachments.

For users who do not have the software to resize a photo there is an online facility available to do this at http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ It is recommended that this be used if you do not have software on your own PC to do this so that photos posted are NOT oversize.
Last edited by Fleet Lists on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Strengthen comments about clicking on "Place Inline"
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Rules relating to photos.

Post by Fleet Lists »

Note - Limit of number of photos per thread has now been increased to 10.
Living in the Shire.
T1200
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310 CNG Volgren CR228L

Post by T1200 »

This post is specific to the Photos sections of this board.

If a post in this section is going to be more observations-oriented, consider making the post in your own state section instead of the photos section. This also goes for lower grade photos that are simply being used to illustrate a point. Photos do not always have to be posted in this section.

For example, I might notice a new L.E.D. destination fitted to a certain vehicle and hastily whip out my phone to take a photo. I would then post the photo in the appropriate Observations thread in my section, Brisbane/QLD. The next day, I'd take my proper camera with me, photograph the bus and post it in this (Photos) section.
T1200
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310 CNG Volgren CR228L

Post by T1200 »

This post is specific to the Photos sections of this board.

Just a reminder that topic icons exist - please use them!

When you make a new topic, the topic icons are above the "Subject:" line. Select the radio button to the left of your state's icon and then continue posting as normal. If you're not sure, just use the question mark "?" icon.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

Return to “Board Guidelines & FAQ's.”